The Templates menu allows loading and running Binary Templates (see Introduction to Templates and Scripts). This section lists all available menu options in the Templates menu:
- New Template - Creates a new Binary Template and opens it for editing in the interface.
- Open Template - Opens a file dialog box to load a Binary Template (usually with file extension ".bt").
- Edit Template - If the current file has a template associated with it, that template is displayed for editing in the interface. If there is no template associated with the current file, the last accessed template is opened and if no template has been opened you will be asked to create a new template or open an existing template. Templates can be associated with the current file by using the Run Template menu option or the Run button in the top-right corner of the Template editor. See Running Templates and Scripts for more information.
- Run Template - If the currently selected file is not a template, clicking the 'Run Template' menu option will run any template that is associated with the current file. If the current file is a template, clicking the option will execute the template on the selected file. See Running Templates and Scripts for more information. The results are displayed either in the Template Results panel below the Editor Window or in the Variables tab of the Inspector (see Working with Template Results for more information). Note that other editing operations can be done while a Template is running.
- Continue Script or Template - This menu option only appears when a Script or Template is paused at a line using the debugger. Clicking continue will resume execution of the Script or Template from the current line. Note that only one Script or Template can be run at a time and the current Script or Template must be stopped to run another.
- Stop Template - This menu option only appears when a Template is currently running or is paused at a line using the debugger. Clicking Stop Template stops the Template from executing and resets the Template but does not delete any variables that were created.
- (Installed Template List) - Displays the list of installed templates, such as 'BMP', 'ZIP', and 'WAV', sorted by category. Clicking on an item on the list usually executes the template but can also be configured to open the template for editing in the interface. Templates can be added to the list by clicking the 'View Installed Templates' menu option or by using the Repository Dialog. Note that templates can be configured to load automatically based on the opened file type (see Template Options for more information).
- View Installed Templates - Displays the Template Options dialog that can be used to add templates to the Installed Template List for easy access.
- Template Repository - Displays the Repository Dialog which can be used to install Templates other people have uploaded to the Repository. Please consider uploading any templates you have created that may be useful to other people. The Repository can also be accessed online at 'http://www.sweetscape.com/010editor/repository/'.