The Project menu is used to control Projects and Workspaces for the application. This section lists menu options for the Project menu:
- New Project/Workspace - Creates a new project for the application. The created project may or may not have an associated workspace. See Creating Projects and Project Options for more information.
- Open Project/Workspace - Shows a standard file dialog box used to select either a Project or Workspace file. Opening a project displays the project in the Project node of the Workspace and in the Project tab (see Using Projects and Workspaces information). If a project is opened that has an associated workspace, the workspace is loaded as well. Loading a workspace closes all currently open files and loads all files stored within the workspace.
- Open Recent Projects - Displays a list of recently accessed Projects and Workspaces. Clicking on an item in the list will load that Project or Workspace, the same as using Open Project/Workspace above. Everytime a Project or Workspace is saved or opened, it is added to the list of recent Projects.
- Save Project - Saves the currently open project to disk as a file with extension ".1pj". If a workspace is associated with the current project then it is saved to disk with an extension ".1wk". If the project has just been created and has not been assigned a file name, clicking Save Project will display a file dialog box to select a file name similar to Save Project As. If a project has an associated file name and Auto-Save Project is enabled for the project, then every time a file is added to the project the project is automatically saved to disk. In this case there is no need to use Save Project option to save the file to disk.
- Save Project As - Displays a standard file dialog box used to select the file name of the project to save. If an existing file is selected a dialog will ask to overwrite the file. If a workspace is associated with the current project then the workspace will be saved as well with the extension ".1wk".
- Close Project - Closes the currently open project. If the project has as associated workspace then all files are closed and the default workspace for the application is loaded. Projects can also be closed by hovering the mouse over the Project: heading in either the Workspace or the Project tab and clicking the 'X' button that appears.
- Save Workspace As - Displays a standard file dialog box used to select a file name for a workspace. The list of currently open files, including the tab layout and the position of the Floating Tab Groups, is saved to the file and the file by default has extension ".1wk". Note the current project or workspace is not modified by saving the current workspace. The workspace can be loaded again using 'Project > Open Project/Workspace' or 'Project > Open Recent Projects'.
- Add to Project - Adds a file or folder to the current project. See Adding Files to Projects for an explanation of the different options for adding files or folders.
- Project Options - Display the Project Options dialog which can be used to control various options for the current project.
- Refresh Folders - If an existing folder on disk has been added to the project (called a live folder), this option can be used to rescan the directory for files and update this file list in the Workspace tab and the Project tab.