The Tools menu contains a number of powerful tools for editing, plus the Options and Register dialogs. This section lists all available menu options in the Tools menu:
- Calculator - Opens the 010 Editor Calculator that uses a syntax similar to C (see the Calculator for more information).
- Compare Files - Opens the Compare tool that is used to compare two files (see Comparing Files for more information).
- Hex Operations - Performs a mathematic operation, such as Add or Multiply on a set of bytes in the file (see Hex Operations for more information).
- Convert - Used to convert the current file into other formats (see Converting Files for more information).
- Histogram - Performs a histogram (byte count) operation on the current file (see Histograms).
- Check Sum - Opens the Check Sum dialog to perform a set of check sum or hash algorithms on the file (see Check Sum/Hash Algorithms for more information).
- Disassembler - Allows disassembling a set of hex bytes into assembly language using the Disassembler tool.
- Base Converter - Displays a tool used to convert between Hex, Decimal, Octal, and Binary numeric formats (see Base Converter for more information).
- (Custom Tool List) - Displays a list of custom external programs that can be run. Clicking Windows Notepad loads the currently open file in that program. Other tools can be added to the list and see Program Options for the list of standard tools.
- Register - Displays the Register Dialog that is used to enter your Name and Password after purchasing 010 Editor (see How to Buy 010 Editor for more information).
- Options - Displays the options for 010 Editor (see General Options more information).