Thank you for considering purchasing 010 Editor. We are committed to providing a top-quality, professional text/hex/disk editor with a full set of powerful editing tools.
After using this program for 30 days, you must purchase a license to continue using the software. Licenses can be purchased using all major credit cards, cheque, PayPal, fax, or phone. To purchase, click 'Tools > Register...' and click the Purchase a license of 010 Editor link in the Register dialog, or click the 'Help > Buy Now...' menu option. You may also directly visit 'http://www.sweetscape.com/store/' with any web browser. Once at the website, follow the on screen instructions to complete your purchase. All purchases are secure and backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee.
After your purchase you will receive a license password that must be entered in the Register dialog. This dialog automatically displays if your evaluation period has ended, or can be accessed on the menu from 'Tools > Register...' or from the Welcome dialog. The following is a list of the fields in the Register dialog:
- Status - Lists the current registration status of the program. This will say 'Registered' if the program has been successfully registered or 'Evaluation Period Expired' if your 30 day trial has ended. If still within the evaluation period, this field will display the number of days left. The status may also display 'Upgrade Required' if the license you entered is for an earlier version of 010 Editor (see below).
- Name - Enter your name exactly as you entered it when purchasing the product. Your password will only work for your name.
- Password - Enter the password that was emailed to you when you purchased the product.
Clicking the Check License button will test if your entered name and password are valid. If you experience any problems, please visit 'http://www.sweetscape.com/support/'.
A number of links are also available at the bottom of the dialog:
- Purchase a license of 010 Editor - Visits the online store where you can purchase a license of 010 Editor.
- Purchase an extension to support/maintenance - If your support/maintenance period has expired (see the Support/Maintenance information below), clicking this link allows you to purchase an extension to your maintenance so you can continue to have access to support and free upgrades for 010 Editor.
- I lost my license code - Retrieves a lost license using our webpage 'http://www.sweetscape.com/010editor/retrieve_password.html'. You will be required to enter the e-mail address used to purchase 010 Editor.
- Remove my license from this machine - Removes the current license from this computer. Warning: If you remove your license you will no longer to be able to use this software until you enter another valid license.
Below the list of links is the Support/Maintenance expiration date (this is displayed only after a valid license is entered). After purchasing 010 Editor, you are entitled to free support and maintenance (maintenance includes access to all patches and new versions of the software) and free Repository updates for a certain amount of time after your purchase, usually one year. This section of the dialog lists the date that support and maintenance expires and will display the text EXPIRED if the date has already passed. If a new version of 010 Editor is released and your support/maintenance is not expired, you may upgrade to the new version for free. See Updating the Repository for more information about your license and Repository updates.
Upgrading a License
If the license you have entered is for a previous version of 010 Editor, you will be presented with the upgrade dialog as shown above (some variations may exist in the dialog depending upon what type of license is entered). You may use the software free for 30 days but after that time you will need to enter an upgraded license to continue using the software. In addition to the usual links at the bottom of the dialog the following links may be displayed:
- Purchase an upgrade for 010 Editor - If you are not eligible for a free upgrade you will need to purchase an upgrade to continue using the software. Click the Purchase an upgrade for 010 Editor link to visit our online store or visit the webpage 'http://www.sweetscape.com/store/'.
If you have any questions please contact us by visiting 'http://www.sweetscape.com/support/'. Thank you!